Francophonie celebrations planned by Québec’s network of offices abroad
Québec Government Offices around the world are scheduling activities throughout the month of March to highlight the importance of La Francophonie. A wide range of events featuring Québec cinema, literature, cuisine, language and theatre have been organized in partnership with Québec’s delegations and offices in China, Brazil, Belgium, Italy and the United States.
- Boston: Symposium on public diplomacy. Keynote speech by Jean-Stéphane Bernard, Québec Delegate to New England
- Brussels: Discussion - Imaginer son avenir en français… s’ouvrir de nouveaux horizons (imagining the future in French... opening new horizons). Discussants include Michaëlle Jean, Grand témoin de la Francophonie for the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games in London.
- Chicago: Panel on La Francophonie, with the participation of Québec Government Representative Éric Marquis.
- Los Angeles: Screening of the film Starbuck during French Cinema Week.
- Rome: Francophone Days in Rome, with the participation of Michel Audet, Commissioner General of the 2012 Global Forum on the French Language.
- São Paulo: Lecture on languages in the workplace entitled Les langues au travail – langue de l’emploi, l’emploi des langues by Professor Charles Moumouni of Université Laval
- China: Mars en Folie / March Madness 2012 music tour by Alexandre Désilets
- Spain: Literary tour by author Madeleine Monette
Québec’s network of government offices – events highlighting La Francophonie (in French)