ICT companies make first visit to Romania
Representatives of the Québec company Qc Média during their personalized business meeting with Romanian partners.
Export Québec – in collaboration with the Embassy of Canada in Bucharest and the Association for Information Technology and Communications of Romania – organized a trade mission to Romania in the information and communication technology (ICT) sector.
Most of the eight Québec companies were visiting Romania for the first time. Activities included networking, industrial tours and a number of personalized B2B business meetings.
- Novinsoft Inc. – software solutions for the financial services industry
- OSF Global – application development and technology integration
- ByBumans – online games development
- Syntell – business intelligence solutions
- Toon Boom Animation Inc. – animation technology
- Qc Média – online business solutions
- Kyalis – company development
- Gallant Group – tax firm
Additionally, meetings with various ICT players in Romania allowed mission participants to establish initial contacts with distributors, importers and buyers in the country.
The Québec company representatives also had an opportunity to assess the Romanian market’s potential for their products and services, gauge the competition and discuss needs with possible clients.
Romania’s technology market
Since Romania joined the European Union in January 2007, the ICT sector has experienced considerable growth: 8,000 active companies and a value of seven billion euros in 2011.
Romania is also a regional connection point for several major world-class companies such as IBM, Microsoft, SAP, Oracle, Intel, HP, Ericsson, Siemens and Alcatel-Lucent, which have set up technical support centres there for their activities around the world.
Finally, it should be noted that the Romanian government has launched a national strategy to modernize its public administration by adopting ICT on a broad scale.
Exciting outcomes already achieved
The following is a summary of the preliminary outcomes of the mission to Romania (as of May 29, 2013).
- Firm sales concluded: $10,000
- Industrial agreements signed: 2
- Intermediaries recruited: 4
- Industrial agreements under negotiation: 3