Québec and Brazil discuss administration
Monique Gagnon-Tremblay, Minister of International Relations and Minister Responsible for La Francophonie Photo : André-Olivier Lyra
Some 200 business and agency participants from Québec and Brazil are meeting at the 6th World Congress of Administration, held from September 13 to 15 at Université Laval in Québec City. Monique Gagnon-Tremblay, Minister of International Relations and Minister responsible for La Francophonie, took part in the event.
- the global economic crisis and the future of globalization
- the challenges of globalization and strategic corporate management
- sustainable development management
- managing corporate internationalization
- developing a win-win partnership between Québec/Canada and Brazil.
Québec, partner in excellence with Brazil
In a speech to the participants, Minister Gagnon-Tremblay described Québec as a society driven by innovation. She also stressed the importance of Brazil in Québec’s bilateral relations.
According to the Minister, “Relations between Québec and Brazil have grown impressively over the past few years. I am fully confident that the future of our relations will continue to be bright, as our societies are quite compatible and share a variety of strengths and concerns.”
Québec-Paraná joint cooperation committee
Québec’s International Policy identifies Brazil as a high-priority country. In 2004, Québec and the State of Paraná signed a cooperation agreement by virtue of which the Government of Québec has committed itself to support projects aimed at:
- Fostering closer economic, institutional and political ties between Québec and Paraná.
- Supporting exchanges of knowledge in sectors of mutual interest.
- Developing exchanges between regions of Québec and Paraná.
- Promoting greater excellence in our respective societies.
The call-for-projects period ends on October 15.
World Congress of Administration (in French)
General cooperation agreement between Québec and Paraná (in French)
Application for support for a cooperation project under the Paraná-Québec cooperation agreement (in French)